Latest news about PT Angkasa Pura II (Persero)
Jakarta - PT Angkasa Pura II (Persero) continuously prepares global standard services to improve customer experience at all airports managed by the company.
One of the efforts to provide global standard services is to integrate online services with offline services.
“AP II has online services through the travelin application that provides various traveler needs starting from before the trip, during the trip and after the trip. On an ongoing basis, this travelin application is always developed to continue to support offline services at the airport, "explained President Director of AP II Muhammad Awaluddin.
Muhammad Awaluddin said, "We plan to launch a new global standard service supported by the travelin application to provide a seamless journey experience in January 2022 at Terminal 3 of Soekarno-Hatta Airport, namely travelinLane."
travelinLane is a special line service for prospective airline passengers in processing departures hassle-free without showing an identity card and physical boarding pass during inspection at Security Check Point 2 (SCP 2). Prospective passengers simply show their faces on the face recognition tool to verify themselves.
As for taking advantage of travelinLane services, the steps for travelers are:
1. Download the travelin application on an iOS or Android-based device, and perform the login process.
2. In the travelin application, select the travelinPass menu to then verify your personal data and biometric (face) which will be validated to the Dukcapil system. After the validation process is complete, the traveler can go through the process to get a travelinPass.
3. Travelers who wish to obtain a travelinPass must ensure that they have checked-in at the counter, self-check-in kiosk, website, or mobile check-in, and ensure that vaccine data and health test results are available on the PeduliLindung system.
4. On the travelinPass menu, select the Travel menu, then add Travel, and fill in the departure date, airline name, flight number, and booking/ticket code. The application will verify the Airline/Common Use Passenger System and PeduliLindung system. If all the requirements are met, the traveler will get a travelinPass (in the form of a QRCode) which indicates that the traveler can go to travelinLane.
5. The traveler then heads to SCP 2, and chooses the travelinLane route, where there is no need to show ID documents and boarding passes, but only to show your face to the face recognition tool to open the autogate. The face recognition system recognizes faces and flight data contained in travelinPass.
6. The traveler goes to the boarding lounge to wait for the scheduled boarding/boarding the plane.
Muhammad Awaluddin said that the travelinLane service, apart from improving customer experience, also strengthened the security aspect.
"With the face recognition system, the security aspect at Soekarno-Hatta Airport will increase to the next level. Gradually, we will apply travelinLane, including the facial recognition and autogate systems, to other AP II airports."
Currently, the travelinLane service is in the pilot phase and is also in the verification process by the Directorate of Aviation Security of the Ministry of Transportation to ensure this process meets the aviation security aspect.
AP II hopes that services such as travelin Lane, including the face recognition system, can also become a new standard of service in the domestic airport sector, to bring national air transportation to always meet global best practices.